Request for Proposal – Development of State Ranking Dashboard of CSOs Regulatory Environment in Nigeria
Application Close: 22 March 2023
Global Rights is a foremost human rights and governance capacity-building non-governmental organization (NGO). The organization works at the intersection of the protection, promotion and fulfilment of human rights through good governance. We provide technical assistance and training to enable local partners document and expose human rights abuses, conduct community outreach and mobilization, advocate for legal and policy reform, and provide legal and paralegal services.
Civil Society Organizations in Nigeria are inundated with multiple regulatory requirements, some of which are very repressive and tend to stifle their operational environment. Despite the multiplicities of laws and regulations governing CSOs’ operations in Nigeria, there still continues to exist a misguided narrative, especially among regulatory agencies that CSOs are not adequately regulated. Consequently, several legislations have recently been proposed to further restrict their activities and subject them to the control of government agencies. A critical example is the Part F of the revised Companies and Allied Matters Act which was passed into law in 2020 (CAMA 2020), which seeks to further constrict Nigeria’s civic space through overstretched government control of registered non-profit organizations.
- To develop a ranking dashboard to act as a gauge for measuring each state’s efforts towards either improving or repressing the civic space over the course of time in Nigeria.
Scope of Work:
The consultancy will involve the following tasks:
- Design a user-friendly dashboard that displays each state’s ranking based on their reactivity and responsiveness to improving the CSOs’ regulatory environment.
- The dashboard should be designed to be easy to navigate and visually appealing, and it should display information in a way that is easy to understand.
- Input the data from the mapping exercise into the dashboard, including information on the existing legal and regulatory frameworks, CSO networks, and power mapping of the state legislature.
- The ranking will act as a gauge for measuring each state’s efforts towards either improving or repressing the civic space over the course of time. The dashboard will be updated on a regular basis to reflect any changes in the CSOs regulatory environment in each state.
- Provide a report on the dashboard development process and any recommendations for improving the dashboard’s functionality and usability.
The consultancy will deliver the following outputs:
- User-friendly dashboard of state ranking for CSOs regulatory environment.
- Report on the dashboard development process.
Intellectual Property Rights:
All intellectual property rights arising from the consultancy will be the property of Global Rights. The research team will not disclose or use any confidential information obtained during the consultancy for any other purpose without the written consent of Global Rights.
The research team will ensure that all data collected during the consultancy is treated with the utmost confidentiality and in accordance with ethical principles. In particular, the team will obtain informed consent from all participants before collecting any data and will ensure that data is stored securely and only accessible to authorized personnel. The team will also comply with relevant legal and ethical standards and report any ethical concerns or violations to Global Rights immediately.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in dashboard development.
- An understanding of the CSOs’ operational environment in Nigeria is an added advantage.
- A good understanding of user experience (UX) design.
Applicants are encouraged to clearly indicate their level of experience and qualifications in the relevant area(s).
Interested qualified consultants are invited to submit a proposal that includes the following:
- An understanding of the requirements
- Methodology and work plan for performing the assignment
- Project delivery plans
- Relevant services undertaken in the past with a detailed reference list indicating the scope of similar assignments
- Registration and other relevant statutory documents