Position: Program Support Volunteer
Based: Nigeria (Ebonyi, Anambra, Cross River, Ogun, Oyo, Osun, Akwa Ibom)
The Volunteers will support the organization’s efforts to improve the regulatory environment for Civil Society Organizations (CSOs) in Nigeria, especially in – Ebonyi, Anambra, Cross River, Ogun, Oyo, Osun, Akwa Ibom.
- Conducting a power mapping of the state legislature to identify key influencers, potential sponsors of legislation, and potential opponents.
- Identifying and engaging with CSOs/CBOs in the assigned state.
- Disseminating strategic communications related to the project.
- Collecting data on the CSO regulatory framework in the assigned state.
- Promoting the CSO ranking dashboard among relevant stakeholders.
- Participating in legislative advocacy efforts to harmonize the CSO regulatory framework in the assigned state.
- Performing other assigned tasks related to the project.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field, such as public policy, political science, or law.
- Strong interest in human rights and social justice issues.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Familiarity with the Nigerian political landscape and civil society organizations.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to multitask.
Global Rights is an equal opportunity employer and actively seeks a diverse pool of applicants, including persons living with disability. Women are highly encouraged to apply.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.