Global Rights is pleased to invite your kind participation at a two-day training workshop on “Investigative Reportage of Mass Atrocities in Nigeria”. The workshop is aimed at facilitating increased and informed media coverage of the intricacies of researching and reporting mass atrocities in Nigeria, with a particular focus on demanding government’s accountability for these atrocities.
The training is scheduled to hold as follows:
Date: July 2019
Applicant journalist must:
- Work with a reputable media organization with a good track record of credible reportage
- Have a proven track record working on human rights, politics, or criminal justice issues
- Demonstrate leadership, innovation, and creativity in engaging with government and citizens on good governance and accountability issues
- Be committed to the protection of the rights of vulnerable populations
- Participants must also commit to implementing a well-orchestrated reportage engaging government on the protection of the lives of citizens, and accountability for mass atrocities in the country.
Successful candidates will be expected to publish/ produce at least 2 articles/stories or documentaries on a large scale and deliberate attacks on civilians in Nigeria and the need for justice for victims of these atrocities.
- Successful applicants will be notified on or before 28th June, 2019.
- Participation is free.