Global Rights to Host Workshop on the Rights of Civilians in Armed Conflict
Global Rights is convening the workshop on the Rights of Civilians in Armed Conflict in Abuja from August 17-19, 2016 to sensitize stakeholders on the duties of the parties to Nigeria’s conflicts and to work with them to develop systematic approaches for confronting the practice gaps in protecting the rights of citizens.
The core purpose of this workshop to create awareness among stakeholders on the rights of civilians in armed conflict and other situations of violence and to equip both the demand and supply sides of justice with requisite knowledge and tools to practically apply tenets learned to ongoing crises across Nigeria.
The organization intends through this workshop to:
- Establish definitions terms within the parameters of armed conflict and the rights of civilians
- Establish the peculiarities of Nigeria’s armed conflicts and other situations of violence especially in the context of the conflicts in the North – East of the country and its humanitarian crisis
- Familiarize participants with best practices in humanitarian responses for civilians caught in the theatre of conflict, and clarify specific roles and obligations with respect to these guidelines
- Suggest concrete strategies to proactively ensure the protection of the rights of all civilians affected by armed conflict
- Equip response agencies with roadmaps for developing appropriate responses
For more information on this workshop please contact:
firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone: 08149171224