Call for Application: Media Training Workshop on Business and Human Rights Reporting in Nigeria
The National Roundtable on Business and Human Rights is pleased to call for applications from media personnel for a training on “Business and Human Rights Reporting in Nigeria”. The training is aimed at facilitating increased and informed media coverage of the intricacies of business and human rights and in particular, the application of the UN Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights in Nigeria.
Given the growing imperative to strengthen the legal and regulatory framework to mainstream human rights and good governance in the rapidly expanding business clime of Nigeria, as well as the recent overtures by the Federal Government to increase the ease of doing business in Nigeria; it has become essential to engage all critical stakeholders in business sector governance on related human rights issues, and to strengthen rallying platforms to advance national and transnational dialogues in this regard.
The training will also pay special attention to skillsets required to investigate and accurately report cases of human rights infringements that occur as a result of business operations in the various economic sectors, with the overarching aim of facilitating participants’ ability to constructively engage on issues vital to consumers and communities, both at the state and national levels.
The training is scheduled to hold as follows:
Applicant journalist must:
• Work with a reputable media organization with a good track record of credible reportage
• Have a proven track record working on Business and human rights, extractives, good governance, accountability, transparency, and/or environmental issues OR be willing to report in this area.
• Demonstrate leadership, innovation and creativity in engaging with government and citizens on good governance and accountability issues
• Be committed to the protection of the rights of vulnerable populations
• Participants must also commit to implement a well-orchestrated reportage engaging government, businesses and consumers/ communities/ employees.
Successful candidates will be expected to publish/ produce at least 3 business and human rights related articles/stories, timelines to be specified in the course of the training.
Follow the link below to fill and submit the application
- Successful applicants will be notified on or before 1st April, 2019
- Participation is free.
Kindly contact Jummai Pam at firstname.lastname@example.org or on +234-909-663-4097, if you require additional information.
We look forward to your applications.