Download the application form here: BHR Media Training Workshop APPLICATION_FORM
Global Rights is pleased to call for applications from journalists and bloggers for a one-day training workshop on “Business and Human Rights Reporting in Nigeria”. The workshop is aimed at facilitating increased and informed media coverage of the intricacies of business and human rights in Nigeria, and in particular, the application of the UN Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights.
The training is scheduled to hold as follows:
Date: 26th March, 2018
Applicant journalist must:
• Work with a reputable media organisation with a good track record of credible reportage
• Have a proven track record working on Business and human rights, extractives, good governance, accountability, transparency, and/or environmental issues
• Demonstrate leadership, innovation and creativity in engaging with government and citizens on good governance and accountability issues
• Be committed to the protection of the rights of vulnerable populations
• Participants must also commit to implement a well-orchestrated reportage engaging government and/or extractive companies on solid mineral resource governance and host community rights.
Successful candidates will be expected to publish/ produce at least 2 business and human rights-related articles/stories.
Global Rights, is currently receiving applications from interested civil society organizations.
- Download the application form here: BHR Media Training Workshop APPLICATION_FORM
Fill and send the form to firstname.lastname@example.org before Friday, 10th March, 2018: Please use ‘APPLICATION FOR TRAINING WORKSHOP ON BUSINESS AND HUMAN RIGHTS’ as subject line for your email.
- Successful applicants will be notified on or before 16th March 2018.
- Participation is free.
Kindly contact Tosin Gbolasere at email@example.com or on +234-703-397-7049, if you require additional information.